Bayards Hill Primary School
September 2021 Start
Are you an enthusiastic, child-centred and aspirational leader, committed to inspiring and supporting pupils, staff and the wider school community to build on the successes of a large primary school? Our children and staff are looking for a Headteacher who is an inspirational and strong leader, who is warm and considerate, but is also strong and willing to stand up for the best interests of both pupils and staff.
The school has undergone a great deal of change since its previous Ofsted inspection, but there is significant improvement still to be achieved and implemented at a rapid pace. The school is benefiting from the assistance of a Support and Challenge Partner from the River Learning Trust, which the school is scheduled to join in the coming academic year. Further information on the other benefits that will come with membership of RLT are detailed in the Application Pack.
About our school:
Bayards Hill Primary School is located in Headington, Oxford, with a two-form entry (going down to one-entry in 2022/23) with 290 pupils on roll. It forms part of the Community Schools Alliance Trust (further information about the Trust is available at: https://csat.academy/.) CSAT is in talks with the River Learning Trust (https://riverlearningtrust.org/) about merging during the forthcoming academic year.
Within the school day pupils are provided with a dynamic learning environment, which is enriched by the talents, skills and expertise of all our staff, parents and the local community. Outside the school day, in our after-school clubs, we provide an extensive menu of extra-curricular activities, including, sports and arts clubs.
What will you bring to our staff team?
• The experience and ability to lead, inspire and challenge a skilled and committed staff team to deliver outstanding outcomes for the children at Bayards Hill;
• Ongoing development of a challenging and supportive climate for learning where every pupil can achieve their true potential;
• The knowledge and skills to identify and meet diverse pupil needs in varied, creative and innovative ways;
• Knowledge, skills and strategies to further develop good and outstanding teaching for the benefit of all pupils;
• Commitment to promoting the vision and values of the school so that all feel valued as individuals and can contribute to creating a community who honour all people.
In return, we can offer you:
• A great opportunity to lead a dynamic, diverse and large primary school;
• Pupils with positive attitudes to learning, who are hardworking, caring and proud to attend their school;
• The support of dedicated and caring school colleagues and a governing body who are committed to delivering the very best for pupils;
• A salary reflecting both your experience and the size of the school;
• The support of a strong and skilled Trust Central Team.
Salary range: L15 (£59,581) – L21 (£69,031)
Application and selection process
Further information and school visits:
To discuss the role further please contact Ben Hegedus, Accounting Officer for the Trust, at: firstname.lastname@example.org or on: 01865 755 266
Pre-interview visits to Bayards Hill are strongly encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Julie Germain, PA to the Headteacher, at: email@example.com or on: 01865 761656.
For further information about the school please contact Julie Germain
As part of the application process we invite applicants to write a letter which communicates how they as Headteacher would ensure Bayards Hill provides an excellent education for every pupil and to complete an Application Form which can be downloaded below. Please send these by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bayards Hill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Reference checks will also be performed prior to the interview.
Closing date for applications: 8am, Monday, 17 May 2021
Shortlisting will take place shortly after the deadline for applications. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the range of activities that will form the selection process in advance of their interview.
Thursday 20th May & Friday 21st May