PTA (Friends of Bayards)
Currently we do not have a PTA (Friends of Bayards Hill Primary School), this is something we are planning to start as part of our longer term improvements of the wider life of the school.
Our aim is to make the Friends of Bayards Hill as accessible as possible, so that anyone who would like to join us is very welcome to. We recognise that not everyone has lots of spare time or evenings to dedicate to committee meetings, so instead we will hold open sharing sessions with the School Leadership Team, where parents can share ideas and organise different events.
We will be meeting up at different points throughout the year to discuss and progress ideas, but this will be done on an informal basis (probably involving tea and cake!). It is a great way to share ideas and get to know other parents – everyone is welcome to come along, and please email the school office if you would like to get involved.
The PTA (Friends of Bayards Hill Primary School) will aim to support the school by:
- Enabling parents to play an active role in school life.
- Helping to create a supportive school community, where families feel welcome.
- Supporting staff at the school by helping with different school events.
- Providing opportunities and organising events for the children.
- Fundraising to generate additional income for the school to benefit the children.
In past years the PTA have organised the events, and we hope to revitalise this in the coming years. If you would like to help with anything or have any new ideas, please do get in touch; we are always looking for volunteers in order to provide these events and activities!
Autumn Term ideas
- Harvest Festival collection
- Refreshments at school open day events
- Making Christmas decorations with the children and decorating the school Christmas Trees
- Making scenery for the Christmas production
- Refreshments for class Christmas parties and school Christmas productions
- Helping serve Christmas dinner
Spring Term ideas
- School Discos
- Charity Cake Sale
- Book Fair
- Family Bingo Night & Spring Raffle
- Cake Sale
- Non Uniform Days
We would also like the PTA to set up a Second Hand Uniform shop, where good quality, washed second hand uniforms (and sometimes brand new items) can be purchased at a lower price.
Donations of good quality second hand uniform are gratefully received and can be dropped off at the school office.