Bayards Hill Primary School
- School Information»
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities at Bayards Hill»
- What expertise do we have in supporting SEND pupils?»
What expertise do we have in supporting SEND pupils?
We are able to offer a wide range of professional expertise in Special Educational Needs, from our own school staff and also through consultants who work within our school:
- Our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator is undertaking the National SENCo qualification with Oxford Brookes University
- We have staff who have enhanced training in a number of interventions for the different areas of SEND.
- Teaching assistants are trained to support the particular needs of the children they work with. We also have the support from our OXSIT Inclusion Consultant.
We have close and effective links with a range of advisory agencies to support us in addressing children’s needs. These include:
- Educational Psychologists
- Communication and Interaction Support Service
- Autism Advisory Service
- Speech and Language Therapist
- Language and Communication Advisory Teacher
- Community Staff Nurse
- Paediatric Occupational Therapist
- Children’s Services
- Primary Care and Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
- Special Educational Needs Advisory Service
Information about these services and what they offer can be found on the Oxfordshire County Council SEND webpages.