Bayards Hill Primary School
- School Information»
- Special Educational Needs at Bayards Hill»
- What expertise do we have in supporting SEN pupils?»
What expertise do we have in supporting SEN pupils?
We are able to offer a wide range of professional expertise in Special Educational Needs, from our own school staff and also through consultants who work within our school:
- Our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator is undertaking the National SENCo qualification with Oxford Brookes University
- We have staff who have enhanced training in a number of interventions for the different areas of SEN.
- Teaching assistants are trained to support the particular needs of the children they work with. We also have the support of a Special Needs Advisory Support Teacher, Ruth Thornburn for an afternoon a week, as well as a home school link worker, Tresa Knight.
We have close and effective links with a range of advisory agencies to support us in addressing children’s needs. These include:
- Educational Psychologists
- Communication and Interaction Support Service
- Autism Advisory Service
- Speech and Language Therapist
- Language and Communication Advisory Teacher
- Community Staff Nurse
- Paediatric Occupational Therapist
- Children’s Services
- Primary Care and Mental Health Services
- Special Educational Needs Advisory Service.
Information about these services and what they offer can be found on the Oxfordshire County Council SEN webpages.