Bayards Hill Primary School
Pupil meals currently cost £2.10 per day.
Universal infant free school meals
All pupils in key stage 1 (reception, year 1 and year 2) in state-funded schools in England are entitled to receive a free school lunch, through the introduction of the government’s universal infant free school meals (UIFSM) policy.
Free school meals
From April 2015, the threshold figure which forms part of the tax credit free school meal eligibility category is £16,190.
Pupils whose parents/carers receive the following support payments are entitled to free school meals (assuming the parent does not receive Working Tax Credit).
Under the current criteria, children who receive, or whose parents receive one or more of the following support payments are entitled to receive free school meals and eligible for two year old funding.
- Income-based and contribution-based Jobseekers Allowance or ESA on an equal basis
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Where a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment someone receives for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Working Tax Credit, provided they have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190 per year (eligible for two Year Old Funding only)
- Universal Credit
Please see a member of the office team to confirm your eligibility and apply for free school meals.