Bayards Hill Primary School
The Pupil Premium is additional funding for schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers.
In the 2017-18 financial year, we received the following funding for each child registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years:
- 1,320 per pupil of primary-school age
- £1,900 per pupil who:
- has been looked after for 1 day or more
- has been adopted from care
- has left care under a special guardianship order, a residence order or a child arrangements order
- Funding for these pupils does not come directly to the school; it goes to the Virtual School Head (VSH) in the local authority that looks after the child. VSHs are responsible for managing pupil premium funding for looked-after children.
The full statement detailing how we as a school have directed this funding, in order to maximise the achievement potential for disadvantaged pupils, is available below.