Bayards Hill Primary School
The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers.
In the 2016-2017 financial year, we received the following funding for each child registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years:
- £1,320 for pupils in reception year to year 6
- £1,900 for each pupil who has left local-authority care because of one of the following:
- a special guardianship order
- a child arrangements order
- a residence order
- £1,900 for children who have been in local-authority care for one day or more. Funding for these pupils does not come directly to the school; it goes to the virtual school head (VSH) in the local authority that looks after the child. VSHs are responsible for managing pupil premium funding for looked-after children.
The school has a total of 423 pupils on role, 188 of these pupils are entitled to pupil premium funding. This is 49.1% of the school roll*
For the 2016-2017 financial year, we received in total £248,160 in pupil premium funding. The full statement detailing how we as a school have directed this funding, in order to maximise the achievement potential for disadvantaged pupils, is available below.
*Source:School Census January 2015