Bayards Hill Primary School
Experienced Lunchtime Supervisor
We are currently looking to recruit a friendly, reliable and hard working person to join our hardworking team in supervising and creating play opportunities for our children over the lunch period.
To ensure the safety and welfare of all of our children at lunchtime. The position involves looking after children in the dining hall, playground and/or classroom. You will need to be reliable, committed and genuinely interested in working with children and promoting the safeguarding and welfare of the children you are responsible for.
Experience of working with children is desirable. A good standard of spoken and written English will be expected. Appointment will be subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS checks and references.
Key Duties and Tasks:
- Checking the school lunchtime register
- Ensuring the day to day efficient operation of Lunchtime Supervisors team
- Supervise children outside during lunchtime period in the playground, field, corridor and classrooms. Ensure that games are played in designated areas and that children are lined up silently ready in class groups for afternoon school.
- Occasional assistance with designated ancillary duties in the school hall (e.g., cleaning up spillages, ensuring tables and floor are cleaned etc). Ensure the effective running of the hall by:
- Encouraging children to line up in an orderly manner.
- Encouraging appropriate table manners.
- Administer first aid. (full training will be provided)
- Ensure implementation of the school’s behaviour policy during lunchtime, completing behaviour logs where required.
- Ensure the welfare of the children, reporting any concerns to the class teacher.
- Organise games and play activities during lunchtime period and at wet playtimes.
- Circulate amongst the children.
- Contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings, training as required
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
We offer training in First Aid, safeguarding and expect the successful person to join the team at team events and work under school policies etc.
We can offer you job stability, a friendly team with a good sense of humour, training where necessary and polite and happy children.The position comes with membership of a comprehensive Healthcare Benefits Plan.
This post is for 10 hours per week; 11:15 am – 13:15 pm; Monday till Friday. The payment will be Grade 3, Pay Scale 9, £8.68 per hour, term time.
Visits to the school are warmly welcome and actively encouraged. Please call 01865761656 to arrange a visit and for any further information.
Vacancy Closing Date: Friday, 30 November 2018
Interviews: in w/c 3 December 2018
If you would like to discuss the post further please contact Mrs. Agnieszka Dazley, HR Manager, on 01865761656 or email: email@example.com
How to apply: An application pack and full vacancy details can be downloaded from the school’s vacancy website: http://www.bayards-hill.oxon.sch.uk
In addition to your application form, please email a letter of application, detailing reasons for your interest in this post and your relevant skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed offline application forms should be posted direct to the school for the attention of Mrs. A. Dazley,HR Manager at Bayards Hill Primary School. Oxfordshire Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.