Bayards Hill Primary School
- School Information»
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities at Bayards Hill»
- How do we know if our SEND provision is effective?»
How do we know if our SEND provision is effective?
The progress of all children/young people is tracked throughout the school data management system, which is called Arbor.
In addition, for children/young people with SEND we regularly review progress towards agreed outcomes assessing whether the support that is in place has made a difference and what we need to do next.
We evaluate this progress against age related expectations and use the SEND descriptors. We use additional assessments for tracking smaller steps of progress in Reading (Salford assessment) and Maths (Sandwell assessment).
The success of the school’s SEND provision is evaluated through:
- Monitoring of classroom practice by SENCO and other members of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Analysis of pupil tracking data and test results for individuals and pupil groups
- Monitoring of procedures and practice by the SEN governor regularly
- Monitoring of the quality of Pupil Profiles and review meetings
- School self-evaluation and the School Improvement Plan
- When we run special intervention programmes for groups of children we assess how successful they have been and use that information to decide on how best to run them in the future.
For further information see the SEND Policy