Bayards Hill Primary School
Our children take part in many classroom and whole-school enrichment experiences.
Below is a list of just some of the things that pupils have enjoyed in the last two years. Clicking on some of these will take you to a summary of the event and photos. Enjoy!
• BAYARDS HILL FIRE-PIT EVENTS: singing and storytelling
• BAYARDS HILL BIRD BOX LIVE: observing, discussing, exploring, recording and learning
• BAYARDS HILL AIM HIGH DAY: finding out about professions, trades and apprenticeships
• BAYARDS HILL BIG WORLD DAYS: Rio Carnival , and India meets Britain: exploring though dance, drama and drumming
• PRIMARY PLAYMAKER: writing plays and experiencing them being performed by professional actors at the Oxford Playhouse
• PRIMARY DEBATING: learning to debate, through workshops, leading to participation (and prizewinning) in primary debating competitions
• LITERACY THROUGH LATIN: broadening Literacy skills through active learning of Latin
• BAYARDS HILL SCIENCE WEEK: culminating in the whole-school Science Fair, with KS2 demonstrating to KS1, teachers governors, parents and visiting scientists!
• HEADINGTON STORYTELLING FESTIVAL: creating, organising, hosting and participating in the Headington Storytelling Festival
• RESILIENCE WORKSHOPS
• OXFORD MUSEUM PARTNERSHIPS: curious creators, artefacts and art in the classroom, etc.
• BESPACE: exploration of a special pop-up quiet reflection/prayer space created in our school by a charity
• PAY IT FORWARD DAY: applying school values of kindness and respect through thoughtful acts