Bayards Hill Primary School
- About Us»
- Vacancies at Bayards Hill Primary School»
- After School Club Playworker with additional Reprographic Office Support.»
After School Club Playworker with additional Reprographic Office Support.
After School Club Playworker with additional post of Reprographic Office Support.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and positive After School Club Playworker to join our hardworking team in supervising and creating play opportunities for our children in After School Club with additional post of Office Reprographic Support for school.
- Part time, Temporary until July 2019
- Working Hours: 16 hours per week: Monday- Wednesday: 13.15 pm till 17.15 pm; Thursday and Friday 13:30 – 15:30, (starting times negotiable)
- Salary Grade 4 Point 12, Term Time Only; Actual payable salary is £ 6,168.17 pro rata.
After School club: To ensure the safety and welfare of all of the children in the After School Club. You will need to be reliable, committed and genuinely interested in working with children and promoting the safeguarding and welfare of the children you are responsible for.
Level 2 qualification in Play work or Level 2 early years/childcare qualification or equivalent achievements, clear evidence of commitment to achieve the above is desirable. Experience of working with children in paid or unpaid capacity.
Office support - In addition, the post holder will provide reprographic service support to the whole school by producing bulk photocopying, laminating and binding school resources, and office support Monday - Friday until 15.30pm.
Appointment will be subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS checks and references.
Key Duties and Tasks After School Club:
- To assist with the provision of care and creative play opportunities in consultation with children, and in accordance with Playwork Principles and relevant childcare legislation.
- To assist with the handover/collection of children to/from other areas of the school, where applicable, and ensure their safe handover to parents/carers at the end of the day.
- Occasional assistance with designated ancillary duties in the club (e.g., cleaning up spillages, ensuring tables and floor are cleaned etc.).
- Administer first aid. (full training can be given)
- Ensure implementation of the school’s behaviour policy during after school club, completing behaviour logs where required.
- Ensure the welfare of the children, reporting any concerns to the class teacher,
- To ensure that the club is a safe environment for all, that equipment is well-maintained, standards of hygiene are high, safety procedures are implemented and risk assessments, fire drills/evacuation procedures are carried out effectively.
- To prepare food and drink that promotes healthy eating, and complies with current school food guidelines and food safety legislation.
Key Duties and Tasks Office Support:
- Front of House: welcoming all callers to the school in a friendly, helpful manner, ensuring visitors sign in, wear a school visitor badge and check their ID, ensuring all safeguarding measures are adhered to and understanding the need for sensitivity and confidentiality
- General Administration telephone calls and enquiries at the office, re-directing to school staff as required and accompanying late children to class
- Information Management System ARBOR – training will be provided
- Contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
The position comes with membership of a comprehensive Healthcare Benefits Plan.
Visits to the school prior to interview are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit or if you would like more information about the role, please contact Mrs A. Dazley, HR Manager on 01865 761656
How to Apply:
Please download an application pack from below and email it to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday, 21 September 2018, at 8:00 a.m.
Interview: Monday, 24 September 2018
Oxfordshire Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check’
Mrs A. Dazley