Bayards Hill Primary School
After School Club Playworker
After School Club Play-worker Required for Immediate Start
We are seeking to appoint a member staff to join our hardworking team in supervising and creating play opportunities for our children in After School Club and Office reprographic support for school. This post is temporary until 19 July 2019 with the view to continue in September 2019.
- Term –Time only Part time,
- Monday – Friday 14.45 - 17.15
- Salary Grade 4 Point 12, £ 8.90 RPH;
After School club: To ensure the safety and welfare of all of the children in the After School Club. You will need to be reliable, committed and genuinely interested in working with children and promoting the safeguarding and welfare of the children you are responsible for.
Level 2 qualification in Play work or Level 2 early years/childcare qualification or equivalent achievements, clear evidence of commitment to achieve the above is desirable. Experience of working with children in paid or unpaid capacity.
Appointment will be subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS checks and references.
Key Duties and Tasks After School Club:
- To assist with the provision of care and creative play opportunities in consultation with children, and in accordance with Playwork Principles and relevant childcare legislation.
- To assist with the handover/collection of children to/from other areas of the school, where applicable, and ensure their safe handover to parents/carers at the end of the day.
- Occasional assistance with designated ancillary duties in the club (e.g., cleaning up spillages, ensuring tables and floor are cleaned etc.).
- Administer first aid. (full training can be given)
- Ensure implementation of the school’s behaviour policy during after school club, completing behaviour logs where required.
- Ensure the welfare of the children, reporting any concerns to the class teacher,
- To ensure that the club is a safe environment for all, that equipment is well-maintained, standards of hygiene are high, safety procedures are implemented and risk assessments, fire drills/evacuation procedures are carried out effectively.
- To prepare food and drink that promotes healthy eating, and complies with current school food guidelines and food safety legislation.
An application form can be downloaded from below. Completed offline application forms should be posted direct to the school for the attention of Mrs. A. Dazley, HR Manager at Bayards Hill Primary School.
The position comes with membership of a comprehensive Healthcare Benefits Plan.
Closing Date:Friday, 22.02. 2019
Interview: w/c 25.02.2019
Oxfordshire Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.