Bayards Hill Primary School
After School Club Play Leader
After School Club Play Leader Required for Immediate Start
We are seeking to appoint a member staff to join our hardworking team in supervising and creating play opportunities for our children in After School Club. This post is temporary until July 2019 with the view to continue in September 2019.
- Term –Time only Part time,
- Monday – Friday, 12.5 hours per week (14:45 – 17:15)
- Salary Grade 5 ( Pay Scale 14 ) £ 9.16 RPH;
Main Responsibilities: To ensure that health, safety and welfare needs of each of the children in the After School Club are met at all times. You will need to be reliable, committed and genuinely interested in working with children and promoting the safeguarding and welfare of the children you are responsible for.
Level 2 qualification in Play work or Level 2 early years/childcare qualification or equivalent achievements, clear evidence of commitment to achieve the above is desirable. Experience of working with children in paid or unpaid capacity.
Appointment will be subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS checks and references.
Key Duties and Tasks After School Club:
- To ensure that health, safety and welfare needs of each individual child are met at all times;
- To stimulate, encourage and develop children’s play in a positive way enabling them to play appropriately and creatively, individually or in groups;
- To assist with the handover/collection of children to/from other areas of the school, where applicable, and ensure their safe handover to parents/carers at the end of the day.
- Occasional assistance with designated ancillary duties in the club (e.g., cleaning up spillages, ensuring tables and floor are cleaned etc.).
- Administer first aid. (full training can be given)
- Ensure implementation of the school’s behaviour policy during after school club, completing behaviour logs where required.
- To ensure that the club is a safe environment for all, that equipment is well-maintained, standards of hygiene are high, safety procedures are implemented and risk assessments, fire drills/evacuation procedures are carried out effectively.
- To foster an atmosphere of mutual respect and demonstrate the behavioural, equal opportunities at all times by challenging inappropriate behaviour/language
- To prepare food and drink that promotes healthy eating, and complies with current school food guidelines and food safety legislation.
Creativity and Innovation:
The job involves creative work to encourage and develop children’s play and meet the needs of individual children with their personal social and emotional needs.
An application pack and full vacancy details can be downloaded from the school’s vacancy website: http://www.bayards-hill.oxon.sch.uk Completed offline application forms should be posted direct to the school for the attention of Mrs. A. Dazley, HR Manager at Bayards Hill Primary School.
The position comes with membership of a comprehensive Healthcare Benefits Plan.
Closing Date: Friday, 29 March 2019
Interview: w/c 1 April 2019
Oxfordshire Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Mrs A. Dazley