Meet the Governors
The role of the Governing Body is:
- To provide a sense of direction for the work of the school
- To support the work of the school as a ‘critical friend’
- To hold the school to account for the standards and quality of education it achieves.
Each year the Governors work with the Headteacher and the Leadership Team and agree what should be the school priorities for the coming year. The key question is always “What can we do to further improve teaching and learning for everyone at Bayards Hill Primary School?”
The members of our Governing Body are:
- Maurice East – Chair of Governors
- Elizabeth Bruerton – Staff
- Linda Earnshaw – Appointed
- Gareth Griffiths – Head teacher – (Ex-officio)
- Catherine Kneafsey – Appointed
- Glynis Philips – Appointed
- David Robson – Appointed
The Chair of Governors is Mr Maurice East, who can be contacted by
Post via the School Office
Bayards Hill Primary School, Waynflete Road, GHeadignton, Oxford, OX3 9NU
Phone via the School Office
The Safeguarding Governor is Mr Maurice East, who can be contacted by
Declaration of Interests (Pecuniary Interest)
At Bayards Hill Primary School we have no Governor’s that have declared a Business Interest (Pecuniary Interest). It is recorded at all meetings and signed once a year.
Close Personal Relationships
At Bayards Hill Primary School we have no Governor’s that have declared a ‘Close Personal Relationship’.