Values and Ethos
Bayards Hill is committed to ensuring that all pupils have access to an enriched and safe school environment and curriculum that provides them with the opportunities and sense of security to meet and develop their social, moral, spiritual and cultural needs.
Our Core Values
The school has five key values which are embedded into the school curriculum, rewards, assemblies and enrichment activities. These values build on the development of British Values, including democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths & beliefs and for those without faith.
- We all have different skills to offer – Know Yourself
- We all respect each other – Understand Others
- We are all a team – Work Together
- We can all achieve – Aim High
- We are all global citizens – Think Big
Our Golden Rules
These rules are key to our school ethos of inclusion, respect and ambition.
- We are gentle, we don’t hurt others
- We are kind, we don’t hurt anybody’s feelings
- We listen, we don’t interrupt
- We are honest, we don’t cover up the truth
- We work hard, we don’t waste our own or other’s time
- We look after property, we don’t waste or damage anything
Each child within the school is assigned a house; these are used for sporting and academic competitions. The school ensures that there are mixtures of awards, allowing pupils of all ages to have a chance to shine. Praise and recognition of pupils achievements is very important to all of our staff team. The four houses are named after leading 21st century authors